Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All Alone

Well my darling husband ventured to Dallas, TX this week for work. I got to stay home with Charlotte. I was really my choice, though. I could have gone back home and spent time with our family, but I thought I would try out some independence. So last night was my first night to stay by myself in a REALLY long time... and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I hosted a Family Home Evening and all of our friends came over. We played Cranium, but we didn't end up finishing. After everybody left it was 10:00 already, so I put Charlotte to bed (after she finished screaming...) and called Craig. I went to bed myself shortly after that and so didn't have time to imagine all the ghouls and monsters hiding under my bed or in my closet (plus I have a night light...). So it was easier than I expected.

Tonight I'm going to have a bit of a girls night and roast a hog shoulder that Craig killed. Two of my friends are going to spend the night and help me battle the ghosts that roam my old home. And we're going to watch 3 FULL HOURS OF THE OFFICE! Craig and I love to do that on Tuesday's.

Wednesday I'm going to try to have some friends over and then brave another night alone. But then Thursday night my mother-in-law is going to come spend a few days with me and keep me company until Craig comes back home. I really miss him already even though it's only been a day. But he'll be back Friday night so I really look forward to that.

Charlotte is getting so big. She's been a real wierdo lately with her screaming. She just screams for no reason at the top of her lungs over and over again. She thinks it's funny how it stresses mommy out, I guess. Speaking of, she just woke up in time for mommy to take a shower after my work out...that Jillian Michaels is really making me work. I don't know if I've shaped up much but the next time I get around a scale I'll report what weightloss I may have so far achieved.

We hope everybody is doing well. Especially our family that we don't get to see very much. I look forward to Easter when my family might be having a bit of a reunion. My older brother and is girlfriend will be coming down finally as well as my aunts and hopefully Uncle Jim from NY. My fingers are crossed. Unfortunately my little brother Brendan will be in the Air Force, so I might miss out. But I can't wait to see him again. Charlotte and I write him as often as we can hoping he stays safe and uplifted. I'm sure he's doing well. Our last report of him was that he was the pace setter for the fast runners. Sounds like he's finding good favor!

We love everybody and can't wait 'til we can spend some time with everybody again!

No comments:

Post a Comment